Last updated: August 11, 2022
Sevonty Restoration is searching for new people to join our crew! We are offering seasonal and apprentice/long term positions with immediate availability. Starting pay begins at $15 per/hour variable to experience, schedule is Monday-Friday 8 hour shifts, and locations are the SR shop in New Center, Detroit and various on-site project locations. Applicants with an interest in historic building preservation are encouraged apply.
SR is a woman-owned, Detroit based business specializing in stained glass and window restoration for almost 15 years. We take pride in offering quality craftsmanship repair, restoration and creation of stained glass windows in SE Michigan and beyond. We practice the old school traditional techniques along with proven new methods and materials to enhance the value and durability of our work. Our staff are skilled men and women who value a healthy and respectful work environment with a passion for hands-on work, history and good honest work.
Window & Stained Glass Restorer Full Job Description
Window & Stained Glass Technicians are required to perform many tasks, ultimately working up to mastering all skills. Some of these skills include: window removal and installation, safe lead paint removal, sand and glaze sash, priming and painting sash and wood repairs. Leaded and stained glass skills include: cutting glass, soldering new and old materials, glass painting, repair and replacement of old cames, and full panel assembly.
- Ability to arrive to work on time.
- Ability to troubleshoot, assess problems and present solutions.
- Ability to complete client projects on time, based on time estimate given.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 40 lbs. for 40 feet.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on staging, scaffolding and lifts at various heights.
- Ability to perform the daily physical demands of the job such as work standing on your feet, bending, squatting and repetitive use of shoulders, hands and wrists.
- Work with power tools, hand-tools, sharp objects and various materials.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Wear PPE such as a respirator, other masks, gloves, apron and Tyvek suit.
- Respect and comply with company policies on health and safety including: lead-safe and hygiene practices, power tools and equipment and Covid-19.
- Demonstrate appreciation for quality, accuracy, and integrity.
- Possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform any task, large or small with enthusiasm.
- Discretion and sensitivity when working on-site at residential, historic and religious locations.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation and cellphone.
- Use company time tracking and group messaging apps.
- Experience with hands-on work, historic preservation or conservation is a plus, but not required.
- Being a team player is a must!
IMPORTANT: to be considered, submit a resume and references, briefly describe your interest in working with our company and which position you are applying for to email@example.com. No phone or in-person inquiries will be accepted.
Sevonty Restoration is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
If you have any questions about Job Opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.